Monday, October 02, 2006

Eric Perier

It's impossible to find something about Eric Perier and this very rare French ballad, but it sure is nice!

Update on him from Bruno: (thanks!)
He had a few EP's out circa 63/65 and recorded a cover of 'Stand by me' in Italian 'Preghero' which he used to sing on stage in the sixties with his orchestra during summer outdoors festivals (fetes locales 7days in a row )in all the villages around Nimes and in the south of France. He went on being an orchestra leader during the 70's and 80's even 90's. He must be around 65 now if he's still alive. Anyway his orchestra still exists in Nimes (30000)whether it's been sold to another musician I don't know but if you type' orchestre eric perrier' on Google you'll find infos+ address and places where they played in 2006. Last thing his real name is Mario Pace.

Eric Perier - L'amour s'oublie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great song indeed ! Typically 60's with nice backing vocals..I know this singer :he had a few EP's out circa 63/65 and recorded a cover of 'Stand by me' in Italian 'Preghero'which he used to sing on stage in the sixties with his orchestra during summer outdoors festivals (fetes locales 7days in a row )in all the villages around Nimes and in the south of France.He went on being an orchestra leader during the 70's and 80's even 90's I think. He must be around 65 now if he's still alive. Anyway his orchestra still exists in Nimes (30000)whether it's been sold to another musician I don't know but if you type' orchestre eric perrier' on Google you'll find infos+ address and places where they played in 2006.Last thing his real name is Mario Pace if I can remember what a friend told at the time.

Anonymous said...

hey bitch . do you know where i can find the lyrics to Nothing to lose. i love that song.

Dansmoncafe said...

thank you so much bruno!! I updated the post :)

Bruno said...

Hi Sofie,just to let you know that's another Bruno,seems there are 2 of us making the rounds! :)

Dansmoncafe said...

Haha oh well... thanks a ton Bruno#1;) tilly, I'm afraid I can't find the lyrics.. try google

Thierry PAMPIN said...

Eric Perier is the cousin of my mother . Their mothers were sisters. I think he is still alive and his real name is Mario Pace.