Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Jenny Rock

Quebec yé-yé girl Jeannine de Bellefeuille aka Jenny Rock, was born on November 10, 1946 in Saint-Hyacinthe.
She made her career mainly between 1965 and 1969.
In 1959, she interpreted the successes of Elvis Presley with the troop of Jean Grimaldi. She also took part in the musical review "Rock'n'roll Baby Rock'n'roll" with the National Theatre in Montreal. Producer John Ramming of the Sélect company saw her and gave her a contract. In 1963, she had her first success with "Donne-moi ta jeunesse", it was however "Douliou douliou Saint-Tropez" that became her breakthrough. Jenny Rock leaved Sélect in 66' for the company Apex, and had several successes like "Les Sloopy, Viens Danser, Noir C'est Noir". She disappeared from the scene at the end of the sixties.

Jenny Rock - Douliou Douliou St-Tropez
Jenny Rock - Le Sloopy

Jenny Rock - Saint Tropez - 1965

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog accidentally. It's nice to see what other people are writing about. Maybe you would like to visit my blog sometimes? Just some daily deep thoughts. It's at http://lackofsound.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey! First, I just wanted to say how much I adore your blog -- I visit it daily and am never disappointed.

I also wanted to say, however, that I'm pretty sure that's not Jenny Rock singing "Ma Casquette". I have a CD recording of that by Dany Aubé and it sounds identical. So I think there's been a bit of a mix-up maybe!

Anyway, thanks again and if you ever need more Québécois stuff, let me know!

Dansmoncafe said...

well, that's weird. you can see at yé-yé girls site that she made a single called casquette.. but when you say that I can see differences in the voice.. I will investigate the case ;) Thank you for telling me and for the compliments :)

Bruno said...

Yep that's Dany Aubé,I checked on the official site of Jenny Rock.